Foreign Travel Request Procedure

Effective, June 1, 2011, the College of Health and Human Developement and School of Nursing will no longer be using the Travel Authority Request Form for foreign travel approvals. Instead, the Office of Sponsored Programs’ Export Compliance Office would like all foreign travel requests to be e-mailed to Donna Harkless in the HHD Research Office. Donna will review the request, add any OSP identification information and forward to the Export Compliance Office.

Until we are notified otherwise, foreign travel on all types of funding must be approved by Office of Sponsored Programs’. This includes restricted and general funds.

Please send the requested information in the following e-mail format to Donna at

E-mail Subject: Foreign Travel Request

Traveler’s Name and Department:

Budget and Fund number:

Location of Travel:

Dates of Travel:

Purpose of Travel:

If you have a group of individuals, traveling on the same account for the same purpose, all names may be included in one email request.

Foreign Travel Requests appproved by the Export Compliance Office must be scanned into the ERS reports for backup.