Graduate Program Application
The process of applying for admission to graduate school at Penn State and HDFS requires the completion of an on-line application and other materials listed below.
GRE scores are required for all prospective students and TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) scores are required for international applicants.
An applicant may apply to only one graduate degree program and campus at a time. The Graduate School will not consider concurrent applications for admission to more than one degree program and does not act upon an application without a program's recommendation.
Questions about the graduate program or the application process may be directed to the academic programs coordinator.
Application Due Date
The application is due December 1, 2015
Codes for Testing
Institution -- 2660
Institution -- 2660
- GRE scores expire after 5 years. For more information, visit the ETS GRE website.
- TOEFL scores expire after 2 years.
- Learn about Penn State's Graduate School's requirements
- If you have read the Graduate School and program requirements and are ready to apply, you may proceed to the application at the Grad School Admissions and Program Information Portal (electronic application) -- Included in this application portal is a section called "Program-Specific Documents" where you may upload:
- Scientific Writing Sample
- Statement of Professional and Career Plans
- Three recommendation letters
- A copy (front and back) of all official transcripts/documents from all post-secondary institutions attended (and official English translation if the language of instruction is not English).
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
International Students only
- Please refer to the website for application information: Please refer to the Global Programs website for additional application information for international students.
For More Information
Questions about the graduate program may be directed to the academic programs coordinator or call 814-863-8000.