Find out more details on how to apply to the Penn State M.H.A. Program.
|Application Deadlines||Priority: Nov. 15; Final: Feb. 15|
|Minimum GPA (admitted students)||3.0|
|Test Scores||Typically 50th percentile or better|
|Undergraduate Majors||Wide and Varied|
Applications for Fall 2016 are now being accepted.
Admissions Selection Criteria
Admission to our program is competitive. The selection committee seeks students with the greatest potential for success, based on the following criteria:
Academic performance: We look for a minimum GPA of 3.0. The average GPA of admitted students has been above 3.5 in recent years.
Test scores: We look for scores in the 50th percentile or better, and though averages vary, admitted students are generally closer to the 75th percentile.
Motivation and potential: We look for a record of leadership among peers based on an applicant’s resume, letters of reference, and statement of purpose.
Experience: Students admitted without work experience generally show evidence of excellence in extracurricular and service activities and have completed one or more internships.
Deadlines and Materials
New students are accepted for fall semester only. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis beginning on November 15, with a final deadline of February 15. Because transcripts and test scores can sometimes take several weeks to arrive, we highly recommend that prospective students submit their application as early as possible. Early applications also ensure full consideration for financial aid and other funding opportunities.
- Completed graduate school application (Please note this is an electronic application process. All materials, including transcripts, must be uploaded to the Penn State Graduate School application site), including:
- Three letters of reference
- A Statement of Purpose
- Current Resume
- Standardized test scores (GRE or GMAT)
- Transcripts from each institution attended
- Application for a US Visa (International Students Only)
- Official TOEFL Score (International Students Only)