Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification in Health and Physical Education

Post-baccalaureate teacher certification in health and physical education is available to students already holding a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in any major from an accredited college/university. Students have the option of pursuing one of two options:

  • second undergraduate degree
  • graduate program for certification

(Please note that the Department of Kinesiology does not offer a graduate program in which students can receive certification in health and physical education and a Master’s degree simultaneously.)

Considering options?

Contact Sharon Krimmel ( or 814-571-9257) to determine which option, a second undergraduate degree or the graduate program for certification, is most appropriate/best. Core and option coursework is identical for both options.

Second undergraduate degree - application

To apply to the second undergraduate program, please go to If you have any questions, please contact Undergraduate Admissions at 814-865-5471. Please refer to or call 814-865-6301 if you have questions regarding financial aid.

Graduate program for certification - application

To apply to the graduate program for certification (which does not lead to a Master’s degree), please go to and click on “Apply Now”. Fill out the application and for degree sought, choose “Level I Teacher/Administrative Certification for PA Educators.” If you have any questions, please contact the Graduate School at 814-865-1795.

Financial Aid

Questions related to financial aid can be answered by calling 814-865-2514. Students can apply at any time since there are no deadlines for the graduate program for certification. However, last minute applications/enrollment may result in limited course availability.

Housing and Tuition

Information regarding University housing may be obtained by calling 814-863-5700. Please consult the following website: or call 814-865-6528 for information on tuition costs.