In addition to the other academic programs, the Department of Kinesiology offers a minor. Undergraduate students may pursue a minor in kinesiology.
Requirements for Admission to the Minor
A minor can be declared after you attain third-semester classification or after you have been accepted into a major.
Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00.
Minors can be declared using LionPath, Update Academics.
A minimum grade of "C" is mandatory for each course for completion of the minor.
18-19 KINES credits.
Required Courses —select two courses (6-7 credits) from:
- KINES 100: The Cultural and Behavioral Foundations of Kinesiology (3) or KINES 141: Physical Activity: Historical and Cultural (3),
- KINES 101 Biophysical Basis of Kinesiology (3) or KINES 180 Introduction to Kinesiology (3),
- KINES 202: Functional Human Anatomy (4).
Supporting Courses and Related Areas (12 credits):
- Select 6 credits of 100-level or higher KINES courses (KINES 296 independent study credits will not satisfy Kines Minor requirements.)
- Select 6 credits of 400-level KINES courses. (The following EMT courses will not count towards the 400-level KINES course requirement: KINES 303, 304, 403, 404, 498A, 498B, 498C, 498D, 498E, and 498F. In addition, KINES 496 independent study credits will no longer count towards Kines Minor requirements.)
For additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.