Please submit the following information:
- Internship Site Selection Form
- Completed 300-Points of Student Engagement Experience
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification (must be vaild through the length of your internship)
- Copy of your current Transcript (can be printed from your Student Center in LionPATH)
Important Note: If you fail to meet the deadline date, you will have to wait until the next semester to complete your internship.
Spring 2017 Deadline
Thursday, November 17, 2016
Summer 2017 Deadline
Friday, April 14, 2017
Fall 2017 Deadline
Thursday, July 13, 2017
In order to be eligible for participation in the RPTM internship, each student must have:
- Taken RPTM 394 at least two semesters prior to the semester in which the student is planning to complete an internship.
- Achieved seventh-semester standing (i.e., completed at least 89 semester hours of course work).
- Have a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.0 or greater. The student must ensure that he/she has met this requirement prior to beginning the internship experience.
- Completed the 300-points of Student Engagement Experience requirement and filed a 300-points verification form signed by the student's academic adviser. The 300-points verification form is to be completed and forms must be attached to the student's Internship Site Selection Form prior to submitting the form to the Internship Coordinator.
- Current Certification in Adult CPR and First Aid for the duration of the student's internship. Copies of current certification cards will serve as proof of current certification. These copies must be attached to the student's Internship Site Selection Form at the time of submission. Acceptable certification courses include "hands-on" courses offered through the Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Successfully completed all requirements of the orientation to internship course including: (a.) Preparation of a professional resume and cover letter, (b.) Identification of internship and career goals, (c.) discussion of tentative plans for internship, including potential agencies, with his/her academic adviser, and (d.) an examination on internship procedures and requirements.
- Notified the internship coordinator of agency selection (Internship Site Selection Form) by the posted deadline dates. Deadline dates for submission of the internship site selection form and prerequisite materials are always posted on the RPTM internship deadlines page.
- Registered for RPTM 495A (12 credits) and paid the appropriate tuition to the University. Please note: The RPTM Student Success Center will register you for RPTM 495A - you will not be able to register yourself in LionPATH due to controls put on this course!
If you have questions, please e-mail Patty Kleban or call the RPTM Student Success Center at 814-865-1851.