Doctor of Philosophy in Hospitality Management Entrance Requirements
Applicants to the doctoral program should have:
- High GRE scores in each of the verbal, quantitative, and analytical areas
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- A minimum of one year of work experience in the hospitality industry
- An undergraduate degree or graduate degree in hospitality, business, or tourism-related field
- A high level of competence in the use of the English language
Competence in English is assessed for all students prior to admission into the program via written application statements, GRE test results, and the faculty phone interview. In addition, international students must take the AEOCPT exam administered by the University prior to the first week of class of their initial semester. Students may be given provisional reading, writing, and/or Speech Communications courses depending on the outcome of their English language evaluations. These provisional course credits will not count toward students' Ph.D. program requirements.
Additional requirements may be determined by the schools graduate faculty.