Many students are active in social and professional organizations and clubs. Activities such as special events, guest lectures and field trips are planned all year long.
The student chapter of the Penn State Hotel and Restaurant Society, for example, arranges field trips to the International Hotel and Restaurant Show in New York City and the National Restaurant Show in Chicago. The chapter’s affiliation with the national alumni group gives students contacts with outstanding professionals. SHM students are also active in the American Hotel and Lodging Association, Casino Management Club, Club Managers Association of America, Hotel Sales and Marketing Club, Penn State Catering Society, Eta Sigma Delta honor society, National Society of Minorities in Hospitality, and the Professional Convention Manager's Association.
Students and faculty toured Hilton's Worldwide Headquarters together and met with company executives.
2016/2017 SHM Student Organizations
- American Hotel & Lodging Association
- Casino Management Club
- Penn State Catering Society
- Elite League of Hospitality in Asia
- Eta Sigma Delta
- Hospitality Finance and Technology Professionals
- Hotel Sales and Marketing Club
- HM Graduate Student Association
- National Society of Minorities in Hospitality
- Penn State Hotel & Restaurant Society
- Meetings and Events Club (Student Chapter of PCMA and MPI)
- School of Hospitality Management THON