Penn State Learning
In addition to the support offered by academic units, Penn State Learning provides access to free tutoring, study groups, and workshops. Don't wait until a course presents a challenge to take advantage of Penn State Learning. Their office believes "Successful students start studying for exams on the first day of class. Tutoring, study groups, and review sessions will be more effective if you visit every week."
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
In addition to individual counseling, crisis intervention, and psychiatric services - the staff of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) offer workshops covering topics such as:
- Test Anxiety
- Managing ADHD
- Stress Management
Study Smarter, Not Harder
(Provided by Penn State Science and the Division of Undergraduate Studies)
Need help improving your grades? Join an interactive workshop and learn from engaging science professors:
- How to create good learning habits
- Effective strategies for processing information
- How to break down course material into manageable concepts
Date: TBD for Spring 2017
Time: TBD for Spring 2017
Place: TBD for Spring 2017
Presenters: TBD for Spring 2017
Did you know there is a librarian just for your major? Research shouldn’t be overwhelming or intimidating. Learn tips & tricks to make searching easier from someone who does it every day!
What can your librarian help you with?
- Accessing library resources
- Understanding the different types of services and resources the library provides
- Identifying searchable keyword in your research question
- Locating the best databases for finding information on your topic
- Learning how to cite your research