A. Catharine Ross
Dorothy Foehr Huck Chair
Vitamin A/retinoid metabolism; hepatic retinoid function and gene expression; Vitamin A in infection and immunity; Vitamin A and lung development in neonatal period.
- Nutritional Sciences - NUTR
- Graduate Program
- Ph.D., Cornell University, 1976
University Park, PA 16802
- Hepatic lipid metabolism and gene expression
- Vitamin A in infection and immunity
- Retinoid kinetics in neonates
- Patel N, Penkert RR, Jones BG, Sealy RE, Surman SL, Sun Y, Tang L, DeBeauchamp J, Webb A, Richardson J, Heine R, Dallas RH, Ross AC, Webby R, Hurwitz JL, Baseline serum vitamin A and D levels determine benefit of oral vitamin A&D supplements to immune responses following pediatric influenza vaccination. Viruses, Sep 30;11(10) 2019. pii: E907.
- Abdelhamid L, Cabana-Puig X, Swartwout B, Lee J, Li S, Sun S, Li Y, Ross AC, Cecere T, LeRoith T, Wang H, Reilly CM, Luo XM. Retinoic acid exerts disease stage-dependent and tissue-specific effects on pristane-induced lupus. Front. Immunol. 2020; 11:408. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2020.00408
- Golonka RM, San Yeoh B, Li Y, Saha P, Abokor A, Cheng X, Xiao X, Chandrasheka DS, Varambally S, Gonzalez DJ, Ross AC, Vijay-Kumar M. Rapid depletion of essential fatty acids and fat-soluble vitamins attests that fermentable fibers induce cholestasis in Toll-like receptor 5 deficient mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2020; Mar 23. doi: 10.1152/ajpgi.00349.2019.
Li Y, Wei Ch-H, Xiao X, Green MH, Ross AC. Perturbed vitamin A status induced by iron deficiency was corrected by iron repletion in rats with preexisting iron deficiency, J Nutr. In press, April 2020.
Li Y, Wei Ch-H, Green MH, Ross AC. Dietary iron repletion stimulates hepatic mobilization of vitamin A in previously iron-deficient rats as determined by model-based compartmental analysis, J Nutr. In press, April 2020.
Zolfaghari R, Mattie FJ, Wei C-h, Chisholm DR, Whiting A, Ross AC. Using the human CYP26A1 gene promoter as a suitable tool for the determination of RAR-mediated retinoid activity, Methods in Enzymology, In press, April 2020.
- NUTR 502, Regulation of Nutrient Metabolism II (Micronutrients)
- NUTR 508, Critical Readings in Molecular Nutrition