My personal philosophy is to treat every student the way I would want my son or daughter to be treated and to approach advising holistically.
- Undergraduate Program
- Meetings and Events Management Certificate - MEMC
- M. Ed., Higher Education, The Pennsylvania State University, 2019
- B.S., Rehabilitation Education,The Pennsylvania State University, 1981
701B Donald H. Ford Building
University Park, PA 16802
Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA). 2018-present
National Academic Advising Association (NACADA), 2016 - present
College of Health and Human Development Advising Council, 2016-present
- Provides academic advising to students majoring or minoring in Recreation, Park and Tourism Management in the Commercial Recreation and Tourism, Community Recreation and Outdoor Recreation options.
- Helps students explore curricular and career goals.
- Assists with course selection and creating a personalized academic plan.
- Assists with transfer credits.
- Submits course substitution petitions for all RPTM students including the Professional Golf Management option, the Sustainability Leadership Minor and the Meeting and Events Management Certificate.
To make an appointment with Deb, log in to Starfish. From the home page, click on 'Success Network' to bring up a list of instructors and advisers. Find the calendar link for Deb and choose an appointment from the available times.
If Deb is not your assigned adviser, choose Services and search for "Houser". Select the members tab and then click on her name. From there, you can click on "Schedule appointment" and choose from the available times.
If you are not currently a Penn State student, please email or call Deb to make an appointment.
The advising office for Recreation, Park and Tourism Management is part of the Student Success Center, 701 Ford Building.
Please check in at the Starfish Kiosk in front of the reception desk.