Nicole Crowley works at the intersection of ex vivo electrophysiology, systems neuroscience and behavioral health.
- Biobehavioral Health - BBH
- Crowley Lab
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, PhD, Neurobiology, 2015
- Physiology and brain circuitry of addiction and anxiety disorders
- Neuropeptide signaling and interactions with neurotransmitters
- Pathway-specific neurocircuitry
Nicole Crowley works at the intersection of ex vivo electrophysiology, systems neuroscience and behavioral health. Broadly, she studies the cellular basis of alcohol addiction and it’s comorbidity with neuropsychiatric disorders—between sexes and across the lifespan. Using cutting-edge techniques such as opto- and chemo- genetics, her research agenda is motivated by a desire to understand how unique neurological insults may underlie alcohol addiction, and how age- and sex- specific treatments may be developed.
Crowley Lab Website: www.crowley-lab.org