Follow the instructions below to apply to the Penn State MHA Program.
1. Complete a Graduate School Application (Please note, this is an electronic application process. All materials, including transcripts, must be uploaded to the Penn State Graduate School application site), including:
- Two letters of reference
- Statement of purpose
- Current Resume
- Answer to essay questions
When completing the Graduate School Application, please designate the following campus, major and degree:
- Campus: University Park (UP)
- Major: Health Policy and Administration
- Degree: MHA
2. Submit your official score report as follows:
GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test): Pennsylvania State University – World Campus – Penn State Online MBA Program ZZ8-JW-99
GRE (Graduate Record Examination): Code 2660 for Penn State
Test Waiver Policy
GRE or GMAT waivers are offered to applicants who meet at least one of the following prerequisites:
- Penn State Integrated BS/MHA residential applicants who have achieved a minimum 3.4 GPA.
- Applicants who have greater than three years of healthcare related work experience.
- Applicants who hold a graduate degree from an accredited U.S. school (Ph.D., M.D., D.O., NP, PA-C, MSN, MBA, MPH, MPA, MPS)
Waivers may be considered on a case-by-case basis for applicants with:
- Other advanced professional degrees earned in the United States, AND GRE or GMAT had been required for that degree program
- Progressively responsible work experience of greater than three years, with highest priority given to those working in health care settings
Applicants seeking a waiver are required to first complete The Graduate School Application. Requests for waiver consideration may then be sent to PennStateMHA@psu.edu. Use MHA Waiver Request as the subject line. Please include an up-to-date resume and a copy of all academic transcripts (unofficial copies – all sides – can be submitted with your waiver request, however please note, the Graduate School requires Official Transcripts be uploaded to GRADS). All waiver requests are evaluated on a case by case basis.
3. Submit transcripts from each secondary educational institution attended.
4. Submit official TOEFL scores (international applicants only). Please request these scores be submitted electronically by selecting Penn State University as the destination for your test scores.
5. Qualified applicants will be invited for on-campus or (where more appropriate) telephone interviews.
Healthcare Administration, Management & Policy Centralized Application System (HAMPCAS) Participant
The Penn State MHA program is a participant in the Healthcare Administration, Management & Policy Centralized Application System (HAMPCAS). Prospective students may apply through HAMPCAS but will also be required to complete an application through the Graduate School.