Michael H. Green, Ph.D.
Department of Nutritional Sciences
Ph.D., University of California (Berkeley), 1973
202A Chandlee Laboratory
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802
- Vitamin A metabolism
- Tracer kinetics/mathematical modeling
- Lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid absorption
- Vitamin A delivery to milk
- Green M.H., J.B. Green, H.C. Furr and the Vitamin A Tracer Task Force. (2008) Mathematical Modeling of Stable Isotope Data to Estimate Vitamin A Stores. In-house Publication of the International Atomic Energy Agency. Published, June 2008. 34 pages.
- Markantonatos, X., M.H. Green and G.-A. Varga. Use of compartmental analysis to study ruminal volatile fatty acid metabolism under steady state conditions in Holstein heifers. J. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 143:70-88, 2008.
- Cifelli, C.J., J.B. Green, Z. Wang, S. Yin, R.M. Russell, G. Tang and M.H. Green. Kinetic analysis shows that vitamin A disposal rate in humans is positively correlated with vitamin A stores. J. Nutr. 138:971-977, 2008.
- Green M.H., J.B. Green, H.C. Furr and the Vitamin A Tracer Task Force. Mathematical Modeling of Stable Isotope Data to Estimate Vitamin A Stores. International Atomic Energy Agency. (Eds), June 2008.
- Green, M.H., S.H. Gieng, F.J. Rosales and J.B. Green. Kinetic analysis shows that inflammation inhibits mobilization of liver vitamin A in rats. In: Mathematical Modeling in Nutrition and Agriculture (M.D. Hanigan, Novotny, J.A and Marstaller, C.L., eds.) Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, 2007, pp. 195-212.
- Gieng, S.H., M.H. Green, J.B. Green and F.J. Rosales. Model-based compartmental analysis indicates a reduced mobilization of hepatic vitamin A during inflammation in rats. J. Lipid Res. 48:904-913, 2007.
- Cifelli, C.J., J.B. Green and M.H. Green. Use of model-based compartmental analysis to study vitamin A kinetics and metabolism. In: Vitamins and Hormones, G. Litwak, ed., Academic Press/Elsevier, San Diego. 75:161-195, 2007.
- NUTR 445 Nutrient Metabolism I
- NUTR 452 Nutritional Aspects of Disease
- NUTR 513 Atherosclerosis and Nutrition
- NUTR 515 Mathematical Modeling in Nutrition
- NUTR 551 Seminar in Nutrition
- NUTR 581 Regulation of Nutrient Metabolism
- Domains of Health and Behavior