The Nutrition minor requires 18 credits of nutrition course work—11 credits must come from required course work, and the remaining 7 credits will come from additional Nutrition courses offered by the department.
University policy requires that students be officially enrolled IN a major before they may enroll in a minor. A grade of C or better is required for all courses in the minor.
Required Courses (11 credits)
- Nutr 251 Introductory Principles of Nutrition (3 credits)
- Nutr 358 Assessment of Nutritional Status (2 credits)
Prerequisites: NUTR 251
- Nutr 445 Nutrient Metabolism I (3 credits)
Prerequisites: NUTR 251, NUTR 358, BIOL 141, CHEM 101/110, CHEM 202, BMB 211
- Nutr 446 Nutrient Metabolism II (3 credits)
Prerequisites: NUTR 445
Additional Courses (7 credits)**
- Students may choose from any of the Nutritional Sciences courses, including NUTR 496, Independent Study.
Some courses are only offered in the fall or spring semesters. See Penn State's Schedule of Courses for information on when courses are offered.
**Check the University Bulletin to determine if these additional Nutrition courses require prerequisites.
Please see the Penn State Minor Policy for additional considerations regarding minors at Penn State.