The Pennsylvania State University recognizes the College of Health and Human Development Dietetic Internship as a certificate program and grants 15 graduate-level credits during the course of the internship.
The courses completed during the internship are:
- NUTRN 595 A Application of Community Nutrition - Internship (3 credits)
- NUTRN 595 B Application of Food Service Management - Internship (3 credits)
- NUTRN 595 C Enrichment Experience in Dietetics - Internship (1 credit)
- NUTRN 595 D Application of Clinical Nutrition - Internship (6 credits)
- NUTRN 595 E Introduction to Nutrition Research - Internship (1 credit)
- NUTRN 595 F Professional Portfolio Development - Internship (1 credit)
Graduates of the program receive a Verification Statement and are eligible to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
The Pennsylvania State University Dietetic Internship program has been granted accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000 Chicago, Illinois 60606-6995. Phone: 312-899-0040 Ext. 5500. Date of next review: November 2018.