Skip to main content
Faculty/Staff Resources
Search search
Mobile Search:

Transfer Students from Other Universities

For transfer students from other universities, a maximum of 400 hours of experience earned during college before enrolling at Penn State will qualify toward the 1000-hour requirement. Documentation of hours worked before enrolling at Penn State must be completed before the last day of students’ first semester in the School of Hospitality Management.

International Students

The same professional experience and documentation requirements apply to international students.

If students hold an F-1 visa and wish to earn credit for hours worked in the U.S., they are eligible for Curricular Practical Training (CPT). Because professional experience is a required part of the School of Management curriculum, CPT is available to F-1 students who have been lawfully enrolled on a full-time basis for one academic year. CPT may be part-time or full-time, and it need not be credit-bearing. To be eligible, students must obtain a written letter of offer from their potential employer and follow the process explained Global Penn State's Website. Please read this information carefully.

If students wish to complete the professional experience requirement outside of the U.S., they must still complete the documentation requirements and meet the documentation deadlines.

Note: International students with a student visa may work on campus (Penn State Hospitality Services and Penn State Housing and Food Service) irrespective of their visa status.