Skip to main content

Masking is required in all indoor public spaces in University buildings, regardless of vaccination status, until further notice. See details >>

Faculty/Staff Resources
What is Health and Human Development?

Diverse fields of study that share one
common goal: enriching the lives of others.

Search search
Mobile Search:

Definition and Policy

An applicant who has attended any regionally accredited college or institution providing college-level courses and completed 18 or more semester credits subsequent to high school graduation may be considered for admission with advanced standing.

College Policy: Advanced-standing transfer students may be admitted directly to a major (if entrance requirements have been met), or admitted to the College in pre-major status (if transferring with less that 59.1 credits and able to meet the entrance-to-major requirements prior to fifth-semester classification).


High school and college transcripts are required to complete a transfer application. Students transferring to University Park must have taken 2 years of full-time college coursework before the time of transfer. For more information about the transfer requirements, visit Undergraduate Admissions.

Transfer credits will be evaluated by the academic adviser in the department/school.


Transfer students in pre-major or major status at University Park are advised by a department/school academic adviser. Students are encouraged to contact the major adviser as early as possible to discuss a viable schedule of courses for the entering semester.

Students transferring to a Commonwealth campus are advised by the College Contact and Referral Representative (CCRR) until eligible for a change of campus to University Park.

To assist with course sequencing and scheduling, review the major Recommended Academic Plans.


Transfer students who wish to apply for on-campus housing at University Park must do so through the eLiving Housing Contract System. Students planning to live off campus should review housing opportunities made available through the Division of Student Affairs at University Park at Off-Campus Living .

College Contacts

General questions about transferring to the College of Health and Human Development may be addressed to the Student Services Center, 5 Henderson Building, University Park, 814-865-2156.

Undergraduate Advising Contacts include a listing of the campus College Contact and Referral Representatives (CCRR) and University Park department/school academic advisers.

Access and Resources

Penn State ID card
Penn State Access Account – Visit a Signature Station at a Penn State Campus
eLion - Web-based access to academic and financial records
New Student Orientation Activities at University Park
Public Transportation at University Park
Parking Options at University Park
Penn State Adult Learners
The Library
University Health Services at University Park