Yan focuses on adolescent close relationships; adolescent-parent relationships in cross-cultural and long-distance contexts; challenges faced by East Asian international students in the U.S.; queer East Asian adolescents and families; and prevention and intervention research.
- Graduate Student
- B.A. in Psychology (highest honors) and Sociology, concentration on Education Studies, Oberlin College, 2022
- 2022 Graduation with Highest Honors in Psychology, Oberlin College
- 2022 Raymond H. Stetson Award in Psychology and Psychobiology, Oberlin College
- 2022 Jerome Davis Prize in Sociology, Oberlin College
- 2022 Comfort Starr Prize in Sociology, Oberlin College
- 2022 Shansi Prize, Oberlin College