Clinical Associate Professor of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation
Program Director, Athletic Training Major
John L Vairo's research agenda incorporates an interdisciplinary approach to sports medicine focusing on health-related quality of life and human performance in physically active persons.
- Kinesiology - KINES
- Athletic Training
- Ph.D., 2012, Kinesiology/Athletic Training and Sports Medicine, The Pennsylvania State University
- M.S., 2003, Health and Rehabilitation Sciences: Sports Medicine, University of Pittsburgh
- B.S., 2000, Kinesiology/Athletic Training Option, The Pennsylvania State University
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802
- Neuromusculoskeletal pathokinesiology of the knee, hip, shoulder and spine
- Physical rehabilitation and orthopaedic manual therapy interventions
- Methodology of physical preparation and task-specific training
Dr. Vairo's focal areas of interest include musculoskeletal well-being in healthy, injured and post-operative athletic populations as well as the efficacy of sport rehabilitation and performance enhancement techniques using an evidence-based practice approach.