- Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management - RPTM
- Undergraduate Program
- Meetings and Events Management Certificate - MEMC
- Ph.D., Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management, The Pennsylvania State University
- M.A., Education Leadership in Student Affairs, Eastern Michigan University
- B.A., Public Relations, French Minor, Eastern Michigan University
I have approximately eleven years in event and co-curricular program planning and development. Six of those years, I focused on intercultural student development while working in the University Office of Global Programs and developed the Global Engagement and Leadership Development and the First-year Global Engagement programs. For five years, I served as a guest lecturer and co-leader of a short-term study abroad program for undergraduate students participating in the Leading Edge Academic Program (LEAP) at the Pennsylvania State University.
My research focuses on meaning-making, learning, and motivations and expectations during travel experiences (educational, heritage, and virtual) using qualitative and mixed-methods. I have presented research findings at national and international conferences including Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium, CIEE, The Forum on Education Abroad, PaCIE, and the Michigan College Student Personnel Assocation. I have three articles in process: Can Tourism and Education Abroad Mix?; The Awe in Awesome in Education Abroad; Old influences and Blurred Lines: Student, tourist, and traveler, as needed.