Kristina S Petersen
Cardiovascular nutrition; diet quality as it relates to risk of CVD and diabetes; the role of foods, nutrients, bioactives and dietary patterns in the prevention of CVD and diabetes.
- Cardiometabolic Nutrition Research Lab (CNRL)
- PhD, University of South Australia, 2015
- BNutDiet(Hons), Flinders Universit, 2011
University Park, PA 16802
Hass Avocado Board, A Multi-Center Randomized Controlled Trial to Assess the Effect of Avocado Consumption on Visceral Adiposity: Habitual diet and Avocado Trial
The Peanut Institute, The role of the microbiome in blood glucose regulation in response to peanut consumption
ACH Foods, The association between n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids and risk factors for cardiovascular disease: an NHANES analysis
National Health and Medical Research Council, Australia, Project Grant, Exploring the impact of the sodium-to-potassium ratio on longitudinal adolescent trajectories of blood pressure and cardiovascular risk
Alliance for Potato Research and Education, The effect of potatoes on markers of cardiometabolic health
- Tindall AM, Petersen KS, Kris-Etherton PM, 2018, Dietary Patterns Affect the Gut Microbiome - The Link to Risk of Cardiometabolic Diseases, The Journal of Nutrition, accepted June 15 2018.
- Jacobs DR, Petersen KS, Svendsen K, Ros E, Sloan CB, Steffen LM, Tapsell LC, Kris-Etherton PM, 2018, Considerations to facilitate a US study that replicates PREDIMED, Metabolism, doi.org/10.1016/j.metabol.2018.05.001
- Petersen KS, Keogh JB, Lister NB, Clifton PM, 2018, Dietary quality and carotid intima media thickness in type 1 and type 2 diabetes: follow-up of a randomised controlled trial, Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, doi.org/10.1016/j.numecd.2018.05.001
- Bowen KJ, Sullivan VK, Kris-Etherton PM, Petersen KS, 2018, Nutrition and Cardiovascular Disease- An Update, Current Atherosclerosis Reports, 20(8): doi.org/10.1007/s11883-018-0704-3.
- Land MA, Neal B, Johnson C, Nowson C, Margerison C, Petersen K, 2018, Salt intake of Australian adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis, Medical Journal of Australia, 208(2):75-81.
- Yin X, Neal B, Tian M, Li Z, Petersen K, Komatsu Y, Feng X Wu Y, 2018, Sodium and potassium content of a 24h urinary collection: A comparison between a field- and laboratory- based analyser, Public Health Nutrition, doi:10.1017/S1368980017003731
- Petersen KS, Flock MR, Richter CK, Mukherjea R, Slavin JL, Kris-Etherton PM, 2017, Healthy dietary patterns for preventing cardiometabolic disease: the role of plant-based foods and animal products, Current Developments in Nutrition, 1(12): cdn.117.001289
- Menday H, Neal B, Wu JHY, Crino M, Baines S, Petersen KS, 2017, Use of added sugars instead of total sugars may improve the capacity of the Health Star Rating system to discriminate between core and discretionary foods, Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 117:1921-1930.
- Trevena H, Petersen K, Thow AM, Dunford E, Wu JHY, Neal B, 2017, Effects of an advocacy program on food industry salt reduction efforts - a cluster-randomized trial, Nutrients, 9(10): pii E1128.
- Johnson C, Santos JA, McKenzie B, Thout SR, Trieu K, McLean R, Petersen KS, Campbell NRC, Webster J, 2017, The Science of Salt: A regularly updated systematic review of the implementation of salt reduction interventions (September 2016 to February 2017), The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 19(10):928-938.