Liane S. Roe
Liane Roe has worked as a nutrition researcher at Penn State since 1998 in the Laboratory for the Study of Human Ingestive Behavior. She helps design experiments of human food intake and satiety, particularly aimed at the prevention of obesity.
- Food Lab
- Master of Public Health (Nutrition), University of California, Berkeley 1986
- Registered Dietitian, Commission on Dietetic Registration 1986
- A.B. Biochemistry, University of California, Berkeley 1981
- Rolls BJ, Roe LS, James BL, Sanchez CE. Does the incorporation of portion-control strategies in a behavioral program improve weight loss in a 1-year randomized controlled trial? International Journal of Obesity 2017; 41:434-442.
- Roe LS, Kling SMR, Rolls BJ. What is eaten when all of the foods at a meal are served in large portions? Appetite 2016; 99:1-9.
- Roe LS, Meengs JS, Birch LL, Rolls BJ. Serving a variety of vegetables and fruit as a snack increased intake in preschool children. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2013; 98:693-699.
- Roe LS, Meengs JS, Rolls BJ. Salad and satiety: the effect of timing of salad consumption on meal energy intake. Appetite 2012; 58:242-248.
- Rolls BJ, Roe LS, Meengs JS. Portion size can be used strategically to increase vegetable consumption in adults. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2010; 91:913-922.
- Spill MK, Birch LL, Roe LS, Rolls BJ. Eating vegetables first: the use of portion size to increase vegetable intake in preschool children. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2010; 91:1237-1243.
- Rolls BJ, Roe LS, Meengs JS. The effect of large portion sizes on energy intake is sustained for 11 days. Obesity 2007; 15:1535-1543.
- Ello-Martin JA, Roe LS, Ledikwe JH, Beach AM, Rolls BJ. Dietary energy density in the treatment of obesity: A year-long trial comparing two weight-loss diets. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2007; 85:1465-1477.
- Rolls BJ, Morris EL, Roe LS. Portion size of food affects energy intake in normal-weight and overweight men and women. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2002; 76:1207-1213.
- Roe L, Strong C, Whiteside C, Neil A, Mant D. Dietary intervention in primary care: validity of the DINE method for diet assessment. Family Practice 1994; 11:375-381.