Faculty liaison, HDFS APG
Marc McCann's priority is to prepare undergraduate students for internships and careers in human services via coursework (455, 490, 495A, 495B) and connections with alumni and other professionals in the field.
- Human Development and Family Studies - HDFS
- Undergraduate Program
- Sustainability Council
- B.A., 1988, American History, Columbia University
- M.A., 1994, American History, The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802
Marc McCann's career has been varied, including stints as a social studies teacher at a private boarding school, the Program Director of a non-profit providing prevention, early intervention, and community-based programming for at risk children and youth, and the Executive Director of an organization providing services to the international communities of Penn State and State College. His interests include the topics of mentoring, team building and the adventure-based curriculum, fathering, and experiential education, among other things.
- Favorite Penn State Memory: Watching PSU in their first Big Ten Basketball game, in Rec Hall, against Indiana – with free tickets (tickets were free for Grad students back then!)
- Favorite hobby/activity: Spending time with wife and kids (3 boys), especially if it involves traveling
- Reason for joining APG: Initially asked to serve as Faculty Liaison, but once involved, I’ve really enjoyed getting to know and work with Alumni.