My main interests are around values and experiential learning. I am particularly interested in expeditions and the kinds of experiences that people report to be significant.
801B Donald H. Ford Building
University Park, PA 16802
B.A., Jordanhill Campus, Univeristy of Strathclyde, Glasgow, 1994
Research interests in Values and Experiential Learning include:
- Youth Development through Sail Training
- Cross Cultural Education (Connecting Cultures)
- Expeditions (Wilderness)
- Post Expedition Adjustment and Reverse Culture Shock
- Historical Developments of Experiential Adventure Learning (Kurt Hahn, John Dewey, Aristotle (especially Phronesis)
- Ethical Dilemmas and Personal and Social Development
Please refer to my personal website address for up to date information.