My main interests are around values and experiential learning. I am particularly interested in expeditions and the kinds of experiences that people report to be significant.
- Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management - RPTM
- Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Program
- Ph.D., Jordanhill Campus, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, 2002
- B.A., Jordanhill Campus, Univeristy of Strathclyde, Glasgow, 1994
801B Donald H. Ford Building
University Park, PA 16802
Research interests in Values and Experiential Learning include:
- Youth Development through Sail Training
- Cross Cultural Education (Connecting Cultures)
- Expeditions (Wilderness)
- Post Expedition Adjustment and Reverse Culture Shock
- Historical Developments of Experiential Adventure Learning (Kurt Hahn, John Dewey, Aristotle (especially Phronesis)
- Ethical Dilemmas and Personal and Social Development
Please refer to my personal website address for up to date information.