Mark S. Dyreson, Ph.D.
Mark Dyreson specializes in history of sport, social and cultural dynamics of human movement, race, ethnicity, and gender in sport.
- Kinesiology - KINES
- Ph.D., 1989, History, University of Arizona
- M.A., 1984, United States and Latin American History, University of Arizona
- B.S., 1981, Anthropology and History, Eastern New Mexico University
- History of sport
- Social and cultural dynamics of human movement
- Race, ethnicity, gender, and sport
History of sport and culture in the modern world with particular emphasis on the late nineteenth- and twentieth-century United States. Specific research concentrates on the role of sport in the creation of modern societies.