Skip to main content
Tips for Becoming a Confident Advisee:
- Read your PSU email daily; your BBH adviser and others from BBH will communicate helpful information periodically through email.
- Become familiar with the Degree Requirements for BBH.
- Manage your expectations; your BBH adviser will rarely tell you what to do but will provide you with guidance and support. You will be expected over time to be self-directed in your academic planning.
- Recognize that you are responsible for your own education. Become familiar with the rules and regulations involved in pursuing your degree. Use the Undergraduate Advising Handbook, make note of important dates and deadlines, including scheduling dates, drop/add deadlines, withdrawal deadlines, etc.
- Use email professionally, which means full sentences, punctuation, and clear and concise questions.
- Use your PSU email for all university communication, including communication with professors, staff, and advisors.
- Communicate in a timely way, follow through on recommended actions, and work within your adviser’s planned availability.
- Remember that your adviser is here to assist you, but a successful advising relationship depends on both you and your adviser.