Apply to the Doctoral Program in CSD
The process of applying for admission to Penn State's Graduate School requires the following application materials submitted to the Graduate School.
The following should be submitted to the Graduate School:
- If you are ready to proceed to the application but have NOT read the Graduate School requirements, please visit that website at http://www.gradschool.psu.edu/prospective-students/how-to-apply/new-applicants/requirements-for-graduate-admission/.
- If you have read the Graduate School and program requirements and are ready to apply, you may proceed to the application at www.gradschool.psu.edu/index.cfm/apply.
- You will be asked to upload the following documents:
a. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
b. Statement of purpose/personal statement
c. Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended, both undergraduate and graduate. For those applicants still completing their undergraduate degree, official transcripts must include their fall semester course work. Notarized copies are not sufficient. International applicants must submit official or attested university records, with certified translations if the records are not in English.
- GRE scores (must have been taken within the past five years) are submitted electronically to the University.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores, if applicable, are submitted electronically to the University.
CV and Personal Statement
All applicants must submit a typed curriculum vitae and a typed personal statement. To the extent permitted by the current development of your plans, the personal statement should be a letter of intent documenting the applicant's scholarly interests, career goals, and reasons for pursuing a doctoral degree, including the following:
- Your reasons for pursuing a doctoral degree
- Your scholarly interests
- Your background and experience that bring you to these interests
- Your long-term career goals
- What you consider to be your strengths
- What you consider to be your challenges
- How attending a doctoral program in Communication Sciences and Disorders at Penn State University will help you meet your goals.
Applications are reviewed by the Graduate Admissions Committee in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders. An oral interview with members of the graduate faculty is required of all doctoral applicants either in person or via telephone conference call. Applicants will be notified of admission decisions in writing.