Skip to main content

HHD COMMUNITY: See the latest HHD updates at Keep up with the latest from Penn State at

icon menu Standard.
Explore Health and Human Development
icon menu Standard.
Desktop Search:
Search search
Mobile Search:

You can find your assigned academic adviser listed under "My Advisors" in LionPATH or in your Success Network in Starfish.

First-Year (Pre-Major) Students at University Park icon-olus-circle

First-year students and those in pre-major status are assigned to a general College of Health and Human Development adviser in the HHD Center for Student Advising and Engagement. These advisers can successfully help you explore the CSD major and plan for your first few semesters.

Declared CSD Majors at University Park icon-olus-circle

Students who have already declared Communication Sciences and Disorders as their major are assigned to an academic adviser within the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders.

To make an appointment with a CSD Adviserlog in to Starfish. From the Home page, click on Success Network to bring up a list of instructors and advisers. Select your adviser and choose an appointment slot from the available times.

Advising offices for Communications Sciences and Disorders are in  308 Ford Building. Please check in at the Starfish Kiosk upon arrival.

Changing Majors to CSD at University Park icon-olus-circle

First-year pre-major students in another academic college at University Park should meet with an academic adviser in the HHD Center for Student Advising and Engagement to explore the CSD major and plan for your first few semesters.

If you have already declared your major and are a sophomore, junior, or senior considering a change to CSD, you should meet with a CSD Academic Adviser. To make an appointment: 

  • Login to Starfish
  • Choose Services at the top
  • Search for the last name of the adviser you wish to see
  • Select the members tab and then the adviser
  • Click on "Schedule appointment" and choose from the available times
Commonwealth Campus Students icon-olus-circle

Students at campuses other than University Park are assigned an academic adviser at that campus location. You should work with this adviser on your transition plan to University Park.

For specific questions regarding the transition to the CSD major at University Park, please contact academic adviser Jenna Eldreth.

Prospective Students and Families icon-olus-circle

High school students who are exploring the CSD major at University Park are encouraged to coordinate a visit through the HHD Student Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator.

Prospective transfer students from other institutions can contact Jenna Eldreth for more information.