Skip to main content

HHD COMMUNITY: See the latest HHD updates at Keep up with the latest from Penn State at

icon menu Standard.
Explore Health and Human Development
icon menu Standard.
Desktop Search:
Search search
Mobile Search:
Student working with administration.

Students enrolled at the University Park campus

Typically, all first-semester students at the University Park campus are admitted to the Division of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) or to a specific college. The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is within the College of Health and Human Development (HHD). Once a student has 29.1 credits and a GPA greater than 2.0, they can declare a CSD major. CSD does not have major enrollment restrictions or entrance requirements beyond those needed for admission into HHD. Students interested in becoming a CSD major should contact the CSD academic advising at 814-867-3375 or

Students Enrolled at a non–University Park campus

Students at non–University Park campuses who are pursuing or thinking about pursuing the CSD major should plan on being at the University Park campus for the start of fall semester of their junior year. Delaying relocation beyond this time could endanger a student's chance of making normal progress within the curriculum. It is extremely important for each student relocating to the University Park campus to register in advance by the published deadline. Students at campuses other than University Park must contact the CSD academic advising at 814-867-3375 or for advising on which courses should be taken at non–University Park campuses.