Apply to the Master's Program in CSD
The primary qualification for admission is evidence of a strong potential for academic, clinical, and research growth. Such evidence is obtained from official transcripts, letters of recommendation, GRE scores, and a personal statement of academic, research, and vocational interests.
Penn State Graduate School Requirements
The Penn State Graduate School outlines requirements for graduate admission including academic eligibility requirements and English language proficiency. Please review the requirements for graduate admission before applying.
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders Requirements
The Master's program in CSD has additional admissions requirements including GPA, GRE scores, and a variety of undergraduate courses. Please review these admissions requirements prior to applying.
Two-Step Application Process
The application to Penn State's Graduate School with a major in Communication Sciences and Disorders is a two (2) step process. You are required to complete both the electronic application through the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) portal AND the online application to the Penn State Graduate School.
Step 1: Complete the CSDCAS Application
- A completed CSDCAS application
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended; transcripts must include Fall semester coursework for students completing their undergraduate degree. Official transcripts MUST be sent to CSDCAS at: CSDCAS Verification Department, P.O. Box 9113, Watertown, MA 02471
- Official GRE scores (must have been taken in the last 5 years) submitted using ETS code 4131
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume detailing educational, work, and volunteer experiences
- Personal statement (see admissions requirements)
- If you are not a Native English speaker, TOEFL scores are required to be submitted electronically using CSDCAS ETS code 1220.
CSDCAS Customer Service is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. by calling 617-612-2030 or emailing email@example.com.
Step 2: Complete the Penn State Graduate School Application
- A completed application form accessed at gradschool.psu.edu/apply/
- A $65 non-refundable application fee submitted via the graduate school website (this is in addition to the CSDCAS fee)
Students are admitted beginning in the fall semester. The CSD graduate program is designed for full-time students and does not admit part-time or nondegree students.
The deadline for applications for Fall admission is February 1.