The Department of Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management, through the support of generous donors, offers a number of scholarships and awards to students.
Some awards are based primarily on financial need, so all RPTM students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Department’s scholarship awarding committee utilizes FAFSA information to determine eligibility for many awards.
Most scholarships and awards in RPTM are merit-based, with criteria ranging from GPA to student leadership initiatives to professional promise. Below is a list of current scholarships available to students. Students do not need to apply to be considered for scholarships in RPTM unless otherwise notified. Awarding occurs annually in early summer.
- Anita and Fred M. Coombs Scholarship
Professional Golf Management students only - To be awarded to (a) student(s) who show positive promise of professional success in the PGA of America.
- Bowen Family Fund in Recreation, Park and Tourism Management
Used to support full-time interns in RPTM with unique financial need.
- Fred M. Coombs Scholarship
To be awarded to (a) student(s) in RPTM who have superior academic records.
- Herberta M. Lundegren Graduate Scholarship
To provide recognition and financial assistance to outstanding graduate students in RPTM.
- Mary O’Neill Marsh Endowed Scholarship in RPTM
To be awarded to student(s) pursuing the Outdoor Leadership option in RPTM, and who demonstrate financial need. Preference shall be given to those whose gender, ethnic, cultural, and/or national background contribute to the diversity of the student body.
- Mills Family Scholarship
To be awarded to students who have excellent academics and are engaged in extracurricular activities. Preference shall be given to those who are involved in THON.
- Naylor Family Scholarship
Professional Golf Management students only - To be given to a full-time student majoring in either Hospitality Management or Professional Golf Management (RPTM), who has a demonstrated financial need.
- Pamela Nicholson-Dadey and Kevin Ryan Dadey Memorial Scholarship in PGM
Professional Golf Management students only - To be awarded to (a) PGM student(s) who exhibits a positive, caring attitude towards people of all type, and who have a deep interest in developing a positive future for the game of golf.
- Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management Faculty Emergency Assistance Fund
Application required - inquire with Scholarships committee chair, contact below - The purpose of this fund shall be to assist students in RPTM who are faced with personal difficulties or emergency circumstances that inhibit their ability to remain enrolled.
- Schiller Family Scholarship for PGM
Professional Golf Management students only - To be awarded to a PGM student who has demonstrated financial need for funds to meet their necessary college expenses.
- Current List of RPTM Trustee Scholarships
All of the following scholarships require Federal Pell Grant eligibility.
- Althouse Family Trustee Scholarship for PGM (Professional Golf Management students only)
- Jonathan and Judy Mills Trustee Scholarship for RPTM
- Jon and Judy Mils Trustee Scholarship for PGM (Professional Golf Management students only)
For more information on RPTM scholarships, please contact the RPTM Scholarships and Awards Chair, Brian Soulé at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information on HHD Scholarships can be found at the HHD Scholarship page.