Communications and Marketing
Supporting the internal and external communications needs for the College of Health and Human Development across media to help advance the goals and objectives of units and the college.
- Marketing and Creative Communications
- Public Relations and Media
- Producing and shepherding communications deliverables across all media
- Supporting both college and Penn State strategic communications efforts
Frequently Asked Questions
- When should I contact you about a peer-reviewed article?
Contact our office at time of acceptance (don’t wait until days before publication).
- Who will update my directory listing or area of the website for which I am responsible?
Every department has a lead communicator along with a main point of contact for website updates. If not shared or known inside your unit, contact our office to get connected with the person with whom you should work.
- What should I do if I get a request to speak to a member of the media? (Requests can come two ways: direct from a journalist or funneled through our office.)
Timelines of members of the media are very fast—often day of or within days. Please be accommodating and understanding, as external dissemination can help your work in a variety of ways. This can include a gracious decline, which can help long term relationships. Contact our office for tips, training, and support.
- How do I initiate help with a communications need?
Contact the lead communicator assigned to your unit or any member of the Office of Communications and Marketing in advance of your need.