Application materials are accepted on a rolling basis. However, to ensure full consideration of your application and the potential to be nominated for University Fellowships, please submit your materials by December 1. Materials received between December 1 and February 1 will likely also be given high consideration. If you have any questions on the status of your application, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 814-865-3448.
The Graduate School
If you are ready to proceed to the application but have not read the Graduate School requirements, please take a moment to review the school's requirements.
If you have read the Graduate School and program requirements and are ready to apply, you may proceed to the application.
The Graduate Program in Nutrition Requirements
- Complete Graduate School Application
- Copies of official transcripts uploaded via the electronic application.
- Scores from Graduate Record Examination Aptitude Test (GRE)
- Biographical sketch / CV (please create document and upload via the electronic application)
- Statement of educational objectives (please create document and upload via electronic application)
- Minimum grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Three letters of recommendation. Please see "list persons writing
letters of reference" section via the electronic application.
- Student Interest Form(please complete and upload to the electronic application)
International applicants only
- TOFEL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) for The Department of Nutritional Sciences requires a minimum score of:
- Paper-based: 550 for paper-based test
- Computer-based: 213 for the computer-based test
- Internet-based: Total score of 80 with a 20 on the speaking section for the internet-based test (iBT). Applicants with an iBT speaking score between 15 and 19 may be considered for provisional admission, which requires an institutional test of English proficiency upon first enrollment and, if necessary, remedial course work.
If you are an international student who is interested in applying to the Graduate School at Penn State, please refer to the University Office of Global Programs for detailed information regarding the admissions process, essential pre-arrival information and other useful information for international students who are exploring the possibility of applying to Penn State.